Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Two Worlds: The Temptation or How do Bad Games Get Sequels?

I know this is probably old news to most folks, but I just found out that Two Worlds (one of the worst RPGs for Xbox 360) will have a sequel. Understandably, the original game could use some (a lot) of improvement, but I'm still curious as to how these things happen. I'm sure the original game did well on the bottom line considering the massive amount of hype it received, most likely suckering those of us craving any type of RPG experience on the 360, but still do the publishers not read the reviews? Do they not listen to all of the players who constantly pan this game for its shoddy voice acting, horrible controls, last-gen graphics, and just about every other aspect of the game?


While I'm all for giving the developers a second chance at improving and hopefully creating something that is top-notch what I just don't understand is how they can hope to capture the audience with a sequel when the first game failed so miserably. Why not just start over with a concept that is already labeled as crap in their mind?



Am I completely wrong about this? Does Two Worlds really have legions of adoring fans clamoring for more? Oh, did I mention that their are two downloadable expansions coming to Xbox Live for the original game?

Official Two Worlds Website


No comments: