Monday, August 4, 2008

Game Queue

I have been very busy between school and work, but somehow I've still managed to have a full game queue at the same time. Here's what I've been playing lately with a very short comment on each game:


1. Planescape: Torment
- When I first bought this game back in '99, I think I was burnt out on the Bioware/Black Isle RPGs, so it went unplayed for many years. Now that I've picked it up, I realize what a great experience it is! Really great story and lots of moral choices for the player. However, there seems to be something lacking in the combat...maybe more later...

2. Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter - An early Xbox 360 game that I'm finally getting around to playing. It's your typical tactical FPS, that I personally think was surpassed with the Rainbow Six: Vegas game. Story and script are hokey and remind me of any number of mid-90s war/action films (This is not a bad thing for me, as Nicole and I had a hoot laughing at some of the dialogue during the cut scenes).

3. Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars - I picked this one up mainly because I was interested in how the control scheme would translate from PC to the Xbox 360 and I must admit that it is mostly successful, unfortunately, I don't pick this one up often enough, so I'm constantly having to peek back at the controller map to remember how to play the darn thing (i.e. controls are not intuitive...yet).

4. Psychonauts - A PS2 "cult" classic 3D platformer. I really like the theme of this one, but I can tell why it was a commercial flop as from first appearances it looks like a kid's game. Even though it follows the typical collection/scavenger hunt game play of most 3D platformers since Mario 64, a quirky cast of characters and a goofy sense of humor keep me coming back to this one.

No comments: