Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Planescape Torment Complete!

So, I've finished Planescape:Torment and as with the other Black Isle/Bioware games, I was impressed. This one seemed a lot more story driven than the Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale games, but depending on your character class there was lots of beatings to put forth if one so wished.

I definitely like the way you were able to easily switch back and forth between fighter, mage and thief character classes. I suppose they had to allow this as you were not allowed to customize your character beyond his stats and beginning class as the story was heavily dependent on the main character looking and acting a certain way for the most part.

Regarding combat, I found this game slightly more tedious than the Baldur's Gate games, perhaps it's my faulty memory at play, but there seemed to be something off. I did notice that there was not a lot of options for character weapons and armor, which again goes to show the story-driven nature of the game. I do admit it was nice not to have to continually futz with character inventory before every battle.

Well, now it's on to Tron 2.0. I heard this was an interesting FPS with some slightly different play-mechanics and a storyline that is actually worthy of the Tron name.

No comments: